Areas I can help with after Assessment
Diagnosis specific interventions focus on:
- Support with adjustment to what the diagnosis means for you, your family and your child.
- Advice regarding educational placements (specialist learning, language ASD), specialist enhancement programmes, (Centre for Talented Youth, Ireland), government allowances, tuition grants etc.
- Implementing specialist ASD strategies such as TEACCH, Visual Schedules, Social Stories
Interventions can also be designed to help with:
- Understanding behaviour and developing positive strategies for managing difficulties
- Supporting positive childhood mental health to alleviate childhood fears and worries
- Learning new ways to cope in stressful situations (parents & children)
- Toileting difficulties
- Sleep routines
- Planning for puberty
- Sexuality and relationships
- Transitions in adulthood
- Coping with death and bereavement